A Battle for Meaning

[More homework from the Maudsley... titled: 'The Hidden Parts of Me'. I became a tad carried away and went for a slightly more philosophical approach to the subject].



I am an existentialist
After reading Albert Camus –
Painting the world in hues of blue:
Cobalt, azure, lapis and navy.
Such a palette has saved me.
Awareness and volition,
Have forged an ambition
To take personal responsibility,
And set my soul free
In a world with no meaningful decree
To intrinsically be.

I believe in absurdism;
Life’s multifaceted but conflicting prism.
I search for meaning,
Despite the demeaning
Process
Of searching and discovering
An actual lack of meaning –
For real meaning is found in dreaming,
Not in life.
For life is weaved in saddening strife
For the anorexic.

Rhiannon as she and she alone,
Understands that she obtains a space
Upon a bare bookcase,
With an inherent lack of reason
For her book is blank in contribution.
She accepts this but rebels -
Casts tarot and spells
To witness what life might just have to offer.
Anorexia is a nihilist bother –
Rhiannon’s counteroffer.

I am not a nihilist.
I do not believe it pointless
To strive to construct our own meaning
As a substitute for the nothingness of being.
For seeing life with a poetic mind,
Allows me to creatively construct the unkind
Into a story –
An allegory,
Ready to be interpreted
And understood,
To successfully make good
Meaning in our meaningless world.




Comments

Popular Posts