Lamenting

“For some people having a label is better. It can confer a sense of hope and direction”.
Yet, do they know this might lead to a clozapine injection?
Risperdal or fluoxetine, you choose…
Or will I choose a quick fix like booze?

Glancing up at the charcoaled lamp post, 
I believe to be an elephantine, yet invisible ghost.
Is she talking to me again on my journey home? 
Diagnosing me with death syndrome?
Yes.

I’m a mess. 
Obsess. 

Wasabi pea?
No, not for me.

Another tea?
No, let me hide in my soul’s debris. 

How about lunch Rhi?
‘How can I flee and be free?’

^Did I just say ‘free’?
How ironically ghastly!

The other day at work I heard:
“You don’t eat much do you?”
Whilst other anorexics were being referred,
And I was sat with severe déjà vu-
She is me, and needs to pursue-
A life, 
A lie,
A falsely eaten mince-pie. 

“NO, I don’t”, I said-
She eating rye bread said:
“Why?”
I said “Goodbye”
And left- 
Thinking: what is wrong with my mindset?
Marlborough and Cotswold drown me in sweat-
And through the night my dreams fret-
About a potential future that one day I hope to forget. 

A bone disease, 
And No children-
Are the prospects now, nine years on-
I feel internally gone.


Knock knock Rhi?
“What?” I say,
“Do you know how much you weigh?”
“Yes” I say,
“Then obey”…
“OK” I say…

Dreading that one day…..
This voice will fly me away.


Comments

Popular Posts